Monday, October 12, 2009

I need to fix my bike

About fifteen minutes ago, I hit a person on a longboard head-on with my bike. Although nobody was injured, and the true cause probably had something to do with how I made a sharp turn in heavy pedestrian traffic with my camera in one hand, I can't help but think that this accident could have been avoided if I had taken the time to fix my handlebars. Currently, the connection between the fork and the handlebars (I don't know much about bikes or bike terminology) is very loose, causing my handlebars to droop down in a manner which makes it difficult to turn quickly and break. I should have fixed this problem last week, but it's given me a justification for channelling my inner Flobot by riding with no handlebars.

On a side note, the bike crash also seperated my chain from the toothed thing (again, I don't know bike terminology). this meant that I had to reattach it by myself, getting lots of grease on my hands in the process. Now that grease is on my pants... Oops!

Oh yeah... here's a picture of my handlebars

If you look, you can see that my handlebars are kind of loose.

And I took this picture while I was riding my bike this morning... probably not very safe, but danger is my middle name... at least it would be if I didn't already like my current middle name.

No comments:

Post a Comment