Thursday, October 15, 2009

Song of the Moment: "Curtains" -Elton John

This song only had one play on my itunes, but after hearing it now, I think I like it. I expect "Curtains" to get many more plays in the future.

Thing that I am Currently anticipating: Lunch. Although I'm not that hungry at the moment (I had a pretty large breakfast), I am looking forward to the social aspect of lunch. In my opinion, there's nothing better than spending quality time with friends.

Doodle/image of the day:












Random Thoughts: This weekend is the Grand Opening of the Barrett Honors College at ASU. It seems kind of weird for there to be a grand opening for something that has been in use since August.

Because it's the Grand Opening, there are lots of adults (real adults... not eighteen to twenty-year-olds) walking around with suits and nice clothing on. It was funny seeing the contrast at breakfast this morning between the enthusiastic, well-dressed adults and the sleep-deprived, pajama-clad college students.

Why is it standard for waiters and movie theater attendants to wear bow ties and other forms of formal attire? I think it takes away some of the class and refinement of a tuxedo when it becomes the uniform for popcorn-fillers and ticket-rippers at every movie theater across America. I don't mean to offend or demean people who do these jobs... rather, I just feel that the utmost formality shouldn't be required when you're selling tickets for Freddy Vs. Jason or March of the Penguins.


No comments:

Post a Comment