Monday, October 12, 2009

Song of the Moment: I Need a Girl Pt. 2 -Puff Daddy, Ginuwine, Loon and Mario Winans

This song was a classic from the days before Diddy was concerned with voting or dying and expensive cheesecake

Thing that I'm currently anticipating: My World Religions class. Although my teacher has trouble staying on topic and writing coherent notes on the board, I am genuinely interested in the subject matter, and I enjoy the laid-back nature of the class. My only complaints are that my class notes are more or less useless for when studying for tests, and the length of the class (an hour and fifteen minutes tests the limits of my attention span.

Doodle/Image of the day:



















Random Thoughts: I'm not an expert on agriculture or lawn care, but it seems as if they way they water the grass at Arizona State is highly wasteful and ineffective. In a place where water is important, it seems like there would be a better way to irrigate the lawn than flooding it each day. The grass here isn't particularly green or healthy looking, and the only results of this method seem to be brown patches, mud, puddles of standing water and funny smells (I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the irrigation. It could be something else). Maybe it's just that I don't understand the specific needs of plants in southwestern climates, but it all seems a bit silly to me.

Why is Columbus Day a holiday? Columbus didn't even find America on purpose... he thought he was in India. If we're in the business of celebrating accidental discoveries, we should nationally recognize the day I found a two-month old cookie in my backpack or the day my friend discovered an expensive kitchen knife in the middle of the street. In honor of Christopher Columbus finding a new continent... and then denying that it was a new continent, here's a link to a list of the Top 10 Accidental discoveries.

It has recently come to my attention that I talk loudly at times. I've started to notice this more and more, and I've realized that it can be pretty awkward and annoying. I would like to publicly apologize for leading my friends down the path to premature hearing loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment