Tuesday, November 17, 2009

top 5 SNICKERS commercials

I would like to start by saying that I have no affiliation to Snickers candy bars or the Mars company as a whole. I'm only writing this because I'm a fan of chocolaty goodness and funny
commercials. Basically, I just wanted to show everybody my five favorite Snickers advertisements... so here they are





5

For number 5, I'm taking it back to 1997. this commercial is really simple, but I really think it gets the point across well. Everybody's been in a situation like this where they just screwed up something major and now have to fix it. It's times like this when we look to crunchy peanuts and caramel for comfort. Thanks, Snickers... you were there when I needed you.

4

Everything about this commercial is great. Every line is quotable, and it always makes me laugh. Also, it's got Patrick freaking Ewing in it... what's cooler than that? (actually, a lot of things... Dennis Rodman, Shawn Kemp, David Robinson, Vince Carter, Charles Barkley, Kobe, etc...). Seriously, even though "The Beast of the East" has put on a little weight since his NBA days, it's still great to see him back on the court.

3

I remember watching this commercial in between halves of a Colts victory over the Chicago Bears (Devin Hester's kickoff return was nice though too). I know that there was a lot of controversy over whether the ad was inappropriate or homophobic or whatever, but I thought it was excellent and definitely deserving of a spot on my list.

2

First, you've gotta love Mr. T (I pity the fool who isn't a Mr. T fan) and I like most things that have to do with tanks, yelling or destruction so this is pretty much a given for me. When you add the fact that the soccer player gets called out for "acting like a crazy fool" and the comparison of the peanuts in a Snickers bar to ... well... you know... it makes for one epic commercial.

1

There's so much awesomeness in this commercial... the catchy song, the guitar that's randomly behind the chair, the weird way the guys look at each other, the fact that the guy is alone at a random desk amidst huge rolls of fabric, the way the guy whispers, "the world" at the end... this is one of my all time favorite commercials. I wish that guy would come and help me enjoy the next Snickers I eat (eww... not in a weird way... I want it to be like the commercial. Get your mind out of the gutter)

No comments:

Post a Comment