Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas songs

well today's Christmas and I thought I'd celebrate it the same way I celebrate every day... with some great music!

In no particular order, here's seven of my favorite Christmas songs

"Making Christmas" -Nightmare before Christmas

Nightmare before Christmas was one of my favorite movies when I was younger, and this song is the perfect background music for wrapping presents and setting up the tree.

"Christmas In Hollis" -Run DMC

This song used to always be on rap city during the holidays. Whenever I hear it, it reminds me of being in middle school and waiting for winter break to come.

"You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" -How the Grinch Stole Christmas

This is another classic from a great Christmas movie. I had actually forgotten about this song until several weeks ago when I heard it on the bus to my relay exchange zone in the Tuscon Marathon. Anyway, it's great Christmas song.


"The Mistletoe Jam (Everybody Kiss Somebody)"
-Luther Vandross

My mom used to play this song every Christmas and if the song is good enough for her to play every year, it's certainly good enough to be on this list. Also, it's Luther Vandross so you know it's legit! RIP, Luther.

"Santa Clause Goes Straight To The Ghetto" -Snoop Dogg

Even though this can never touch the original James Brown version, I couldn't resist putting another mainstay of the Rap City holiday lineup on my list. That being said, I'm still not sure that I agree with everything on Snoop's wish list... the '64 Chevrolet would be nice though.

"Christmas Wrapping" -The Waitresses

This is a little different from the other songs, but I feel like it gives a realistic description of how I feel about Christmas sometimes... I just want to take a break.

"This Christmas" -Donny Hathaway

This is a classic (I know... that line is probably getting old by now)... not much else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment