Thursday, December 3, 2009

Song of the Moment: "Hybrid Moments" -The Misfits

This song introduced me to the Misfits, and after hearing it, I was hooked. I love how they were able to combine the subject matter of old horror movies, the simple, fast-paced riffs of punk rock and strong, operatic vocals to make great music. Although the band continues to perform and put out new material, I was never a big fan of their work after Danzig left... It's just not the same.

Thing that I'm currently anticipating: I guess I'm pretty excited for tomorrow. I get done with classes pretty early on Fridays, and I was planning on going to Tempe Marketplace to look for some dress clothes and then watching the women's basketball game at six followed by the Winter fancy dance thing at seven... sounds like a good day.

Doodle/image of the day:
Math class gets pretty boring sometimes... and I was listening to The Prodigy before class... yep.












Random Thoughts: Today, my the dorms put on a "Platform 9 3/4 Block Party" in the dining hall. I know I might be a little bit biased because I'm not a huge fan of Harry Potter (I read the first four or five books and then I kind of lost interest. Now, it kind of annoys me because people reference the series all the time and I rarely know what they're talking about), but I thought it was kind of stupid. First of all, a block party is supposed to be outside on a city block... not in a dining hall that is nowhere close to a street. Also, why would you make the party platform 9 3/4 themed? the dining hall has no connection to a train station. Why not just make it Hogwarts themed?

I'm sorry that rant was so long... I just had to get that all out of my system

Also, this might sound snobbish, but if you think the Barrett dining hall looks like the Great Hall in Harry Potter, you should see the Cranbrook dining hall... It kind of pwns Barrett in terms of Hogwartsness.

Today, I totally failed at conversation. I was in the elevator with a girl today and, after we finished the usual "how's it going?" greeting, she remarked that it was cold outside. In response, all I could muster was an unintelligible mumble of "cold... no good". I repeated this a couple times until she could understand me... and then the elevator was awkwardly silent until she got off on her floor.

I just ate a whole bag of LifeSavers Gummies (wild berries flavor). On the nutrition facts, it says that there's five servings per container. I probably shouldn't have done that.

Perhaps I'll go into more detail about this later, but I'm not sure what I should wear to this fancy shmancy party tomorrow night. I have a suit, but I don't really like it (it's not very fitted, and it makes my body look very large in comparrison to my height and the size of my head). Also, if I want to wear my suit, I need another tie (my black skinny tie doesn't look good with the suit). On the other hand, I could wear my plaid pants... but I need a tie for that as well... and I'll either look completely ridiculous, underdressed or like someone who just stepped out of the 1960's.

No comments:

Post a Comment