Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today was a good day



The video above is for Ice Cube's song, "Today Was A Good Day". In this song, Cube describes one of the best days of all time; He is successful at basketball, dice games and courting women. Also, he gets a shout-out from the Goodyear Blimp (It reads, "Ice Cube's a Pimp"). You may be thinking, "Nothing can top this. Ice cube just had the ultimate "good day". While I respect your opinion (that you may or may not actually hold. I'm just assuming that this is your opinion), I must disagree. The reason for my difference in opinion is that I have just experienced a day that was far better than anything Ice Cube rapped about.

The first great part of my day was skipping Ancient Philosophy. That class is boring and I enjoy my day more when I don't attend it. As if my morning wasn't good enough already, shortly after I decided to skip class, I found a banana in my room. Bananas are delicious and it's awesome when you notice them chillin' on your printer. Next, I got dressed and headed to my second (and final) class of the day. Last Tuesday, I wrote a paper for this class and we were supposed to get it back today. At first, I was nervous because I didn't think I submitted a very clear and polished product to my professor. However, this feeling quickly subsided because, to my surprise/delight, I got a frickin' A! How cool is that? After class, I went back to my room and watched PTI on ESPN. That show is awesome and it makes any day good. Later, I went to the barbershop because I was seriously in need of a haircut. The barbershop was easy to find and I got a fresh line-up and shape-up for a good price. This may seem insignificant, but it's important to look good if you want to have a "good day". After the barbershop, I went to Chick-fil-A. My Chicken sandwich and chicken strips were super delicious and there was no line. Later, I watched some college hoops and found another banana in my backpack (I know... two in one day? That's madness!). Finally, I went to Scottsdale Community College and ran the Scottsdale Open Mile. It was the easiest 4:35 mile I've ever run and I got first freakin' place! Take that, Ice-Cube!

p.s. also, I had some strawberry-blueberry cake and a pop-tart.

p.p.s. I know this is probably an ungrammatical, stream-of-consciousness mess, but it is now 12:01 and my good day is over so I probably don't have the mojo to awesomeize (I just made that word up) my post into something that is legible.

No comments:

Post a Comment