Monday, August 29, 2011

Some Thoughts

Someone outside my window just said "It's pretty safe. Go ahead and pull the trigger". Hopefully, that wasn't the precursor to an accidental gunshot wound outside my apartment.

My mom dropped off some a bunch of yogurt the other day. It's all raspberry flavored... that's my least favorite flavor. Now that I ate all of the good yogurt, I only have raspberry left :'(

I was wondering why it was so hot in my room all weekend. Apparently, the air-conditioning was off.

I went to Hot Topic the other day (don't judge me... they have good sales) and the store was full of Lil Wayne and Waka Flocka Flame stuff. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but since when was Hot Topic the go-to place for commercial hip-hop merchandise?

My clothes purchasing has slowed almost to a halt. I still shop a lot, but I've only bought like four clothing items since May (two shirts, some running shorts, and some shoes... I used a gift card for the shoes). This would be good thing if it was a result of changing attitudes about saving money and being happy with what I have, but I think it's actually a sign of increasing indecisiveness. Another sign of this trend is the amount of time it took me to decide which word I should use to describe my decisiveness (it took about two minutes for me to settle on 'increasing').

I ordered a book on Friday that I wanted to arrive today because I need to read it and write about it for tomorrow. I checked online and it said it hasn't been shipped yet. wtf? What kind of super-fast shipping method sends things out after noon and delivers them the same day? I'm going to be very unhappy if I don't get this book today.

The weather guy on TV just said that the weather in Houston was like "stepping into a freshly worn gym sock and then stepping into the microwave". I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds unpleasant.




No comments:

Post a Comment