Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Go Green! Go... Bronze?



I may be a Sun Devil, but I'll always have a little Spartan in me. Because of that, I was particularly offended when I saw Michigan State's atrocious new 2011 Nike Pro Combat football uniforms.

Generally, I'm a fan of the pro-combat stuff, but Nike does have a tendency to buck tradition in favor of cool colorways and graphics. I think that's the case here. Since when was "bronze" one of MSU's color's? I think the fight song explicitly says, "fight for the only colors: Green and White!". Those are supposed to be the only freaking colors! They didn't even include white at all. If I didn't know better, I would think that these were Baylor's jerseys.

Above all, what pisses me off the most is the fact that they're wearing these when they play University of Michigan. Who goes into a rivalry game without their school colors? Next thing you know, we'll be in neon yellow like Oregon. Leonidas wouldn't take this crap.


Here's an article and more pictures if you're in to that type of thing: http://www.solecollector.com/niketraining/?p=5777



No comments:

Post a Comment