Initially, the cat-sitting was going okay; although it was a little nerve-wracking, the lions were cool as long as I was slow, deliberate, and confidant. However, as the day wore on, continually bringing meat to the yard became a tedious and annoying task (for some reason, the lions in my dream needed food every thirty-minutes). After my final trip to the yard, full of frustration, I hurried back toward the house. Unfortunately, both lions were in front of the entrance.
Sensing my lack in concentration, the male lion lashed out at me (it wasn't a full-out attack, but it was definitely enough to scare the crap out of me). Somehow, I was able to somewhat regain my composure, evade this attack, and make it into the house... but the lions followed me. Channeling my inner bad-ass, I managed to coax the male lion into the kitchen and then lock the door (in my dream, a flimsy kitchen door can contain a 500 pound angry predator). Next, followed by the female lion, I ran upstairs to consult my roommate (throughout the whole ordeal, I totally forgot that the random guy was still home), who was an animal expert.
When I reached him, I tried to explain my predicament and seek guidance, but he was completely preoccupied by his own issues (somehow an aggressive lion with a small head that was waiting outside his room was not his issue); he had an unregistered handgun in his room and the police were on their way. At this point, out of options, scared for my life, hiding amongst the dirty laundry of a gun-toting maniac... I woke up.
Although it took me a little while to convince myself that preceding events were purely fictional, I eventually regained my confidence that I would indeed live to be 20. However, now at 4:10 on the morning of my birthday, I cannot sleep. Maybe it's some residual fear of lions, or maybe it's just adrenaline and excitement for my birthday. Either way, bored as hell, kind of hungry, and still a little afraid to leave my room.


No comments:
Post a Comment